22 June, 2014

A BULLY STORY | megan's story

*names have been changed for privacy reasons.

This is my story, not many people have ever heard it. I have had issues with making friends, no matter how many times I go out of my comfort zone to ask for a friend. Whenever I asked,  I always got laughed at. I switched schools a lot when I was little, I did public school, charter school and even home school. I never fit in at school.
I remember one day in 1st or 2nd grade, I was playing on the sidewalk playing hop scotch with a couple other kids, I remember one girl asked me where all my friends were, I told her I didn't have any and she immediately called me a loser and told me that I couldn't play with them anymore. I was heart broken. A week later this girl passed me a note saying: "Quinn* says you have no friends you're stupid." It all went down hill. 
I switched schools and was there for most of the year until Christmas. I switched to homeschool at that point because I was struggling. After a month of homeschool I went back to my elementary school for 3rd and 4th grade. I met this kid named Zac* who was autistic and had food allergies. I did everything with him from eating lunch to playing outside to hanging out with him and his sister. It was so nice to live a normal bully free life. I switched back to the charter school for 5th-1st term of 9th. I switched to the public junior high school. I hated it. I worked in the lunch room for my lunch and got teased, in choir I got notes in my bag and even whispered about. I walked down the halls and got rocks thrown at the back of my head and every time I got hit I heard "hey look I hit fatso!" followed by laughter. I got tripped in the halls, notes in my locker and even staples in my hair. Towards the middle of my 9th grade year I got made fun of in front of my math class because I sneezed. I lost it and ran to the bathroom and just sobbed. 
For weeks after I got made fun of in math and in science. I developed a bad habit. When my friend found out she took me to the counselor, where she threatened to call my parents even after I told her not to. I stopped and was clean for 2 months before relapsing. I then became clean for 6 months, which turned into a year. 1 month later i got a text saying my cousin had attempted suicide. This was only 1 year and 2 months after my best friend attempted. It reopened the scars that never healed fully. I was angry and devastated. 
10th grade started soon, after my 6 month mark, I felt like everything was going my way when I got a note saying: "your so fat! Lose some weight already!" At that point I was heartbroken. Unsure of what to do, I became anorexic. I would lie and tell my family and friends I had already eaten, that I wasn't hungry or that I was full. I was anorexic for 2 months before I finally just didn't care anymore. The rest of the year started to fall apart, I sat alone at lunch everyday, I would get food thrown at me or even people would move away and ignore me. I got ignored daily, teased, stuff thrown at me and even notes.  I never did anything because I felt like it was all my fault. Towards the end of the year I got a text saying: "stop eating your eye boogers, your disgusting!" I was hurt, I texted my friend Brianna* to see if she knew who it was and she said no, and then told me that it was the truth I do that. At that point I lost it and was done. I didn't want to do anything anymore. I skipped school saying that I was "sick" and sometimes I was other times I was just fine. Summer came really quick which meant no bullying but then youth conference came and it was stake, within the first day I had kids treating me like crap. I cried myself to sleep every night. On the last day I finally said something after Dallin* said I didn't know anything and to keep my mouth shut. I finally had had enough I went up and told him I didn't like the way he had been treating me. Everyone was shocked I would talk to someone like that. Everyone said that he was just joking and I needed to lighten up. No body saw the pain I was put in for that joke to be said.
No body sees the pain you put someone through until someone speaks up. During everytime I was teased, there were only bistanders, everytime I wished for the pain to end and for someone to step in and say I don't like the way your treating her, no one did. If I could give someone who's being bullied any advice it would be: talk to someone it helps. Tell your parents, tell your teacher tell someone. It's hard but it is worth it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved this. what a strong soldier

Anonymous said...

she is such a beautiful girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this, very inspirational. I love A bully series!

Nancy Fuller said...

People are very crude and awful these days. Hope, Megan has peace in her life right now. God Bless

Amy Gade said...

Thanks for sharing this touching story. People should learn the harmful effects of bullying.

Anonymous said...

wow.

Unknown said...

Megan- This made me cry. I hope you see this comment. And I hope it doesn't say Anonymous. If it Does, this is Gabby Adam.

I was in your math class in 9th grade. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember those boys laughing at you. I remember you running to the bathroom. But I also remember I getting up to follow after you, but Miss Pyper told me that I needed to get back in my desk. I sat in my desk holding back tears. I wanted to be there for you.
You're beautiful and so strong. And I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when I know I should have been. I'm here of you ever want to talk and hang out. (: