08 June, 2013

Miss Lehi Teen Pageant.

Tonight was the Miss Lehi Teen Pageant, and it was oh so fun:) 

I couldn't sleep at all last night because of how nervous//excited i was. i "woke up" at 9 to get ready for the private interview with the judges. i wasn't nervous at all, but as soon as i walked into the room i had bad butterflies. the interview was alright, wasn't my best. but the judges asked me to sing for them because i put on my resume- i want to audition for american idol. so at least that's good? my platform was Saying NO to Bullying, i did it because of my experience with bullying. 

after the hardest part of the day was done, i went home to get ready for the real deal. at 12:30 i headed down to the high school and practiced with the girls that were also competing. there were five girls total and i loved being with them through this whole experience. the pageant started and i was so nervous- which i'm never nervous when i perform. i could hear my loud and crazy family in the audience and they supported me through the whole entire afternoon. gotta love loud families- they are the best:) 

opening number was done, then we rushed to get ready for fitness. i rocked fitness- ask any body in my family and they will admit it. yup. rushed backstage to do talent, and i killed that to. i choreographed my own routine so it was oh so good:) after talent i ran backstage to get my evening gown on, and that took at least 15 minutes. the back of that dress.. ugh. i did awesome on evening wear too:) 

then the awful wait of having to hear who won. we waited forever- forever. the first attendant from last year was competing again this year, so i already knew she was going to win. we walked onto the stage and my heart was pounding, and i felt like i was about to throw up. i won for the most tickets sold- which you could tell because every time i came out the audience cheered the loudest for me. yup:) so i got a gift card to the movie theater. 

"and the first attendant is... contestant number 3 sienna meek." i was pretty excited because it was my first pageant. "the new miss lehi teen 2013 jackie thacker" duhhhh.. knew it was coming. my family rushed over to take thousands of pictures and hugged me. then all these little girls asked for my autograph. AHH i thought it was so cool, i felt like i was a celebrity. i got a $250 scholarship for college... pretty exciting:) 


this is bethany she is a sweetheart and she was miss lehi teen last year.
My favorite boy even came:)))
jackie and i went to the miss lehi pageant and it was awesome. they announced the new miss lehi teen and her attendant- so i felt extra special:) i was so excited about who won. below is a picture of my big sister from drill. this was her first year trying out and she won! she got 5 awards and was amazing:) i'm so proud of my big sis Dania.

i am so happy that i will be doing crazy things with jackie for a whole year. it will be so much fun and we will have the best year ever??! going to be in lots of parades this summer and do lots of service.... and other stuff. oh i'm so excited:) when i try out again next year for miss lehi teen hopefully it will be me. hopefully. (jackie and i were a couple points away.)

mom thank you so much. you have spent a ton of money on this so i would be able to succeed. i couldn't have done it with out you. you mean so much to me, and you have made me believe in myself  that i could do it. thank you for your support and your encouragement. thank you for all the countless hours you have put into this to help me out. i love you.

thanks to everyone for your support and coming tonight. love you all. 

2 comments:

Haylee said...

That's so awesome you were in the Miss Lehi pageant! I was tempted to try and do the Miss Provo pageant last year but I chickened out. haha so really I think it's so awesome you did. What did they have you do for fitness? I'm so curious. I'm just picturing a bunch of girls on stage doing Pilates or something. haha but that's so awesome that you got 1st Attendant too! Seriously big congrats Sienna!

Anonymous said...

Wow your so pretty!